We take pride in being an independent boutique brand. Designed with love in Hawai‘i and made ethically in Bali.
1. We don't like to call ourselves an "eco-friendly" brand because we believe being environmentally and socially responsible should be a core value of all brands. We're far from perfect, but we're constantly striving to reduce our impact on the environment. We use minimal packaging on our orders to reduce unnecessary waste, and we've nearly eliminated single-use plastics from our supply chain. To help offset our carbon footprint, we plant one tree for every item purchased and include carbon-neutral shipping on every order.
2. We believe in slow fashion – thoughtfully designed garments made with high quality materials constructed with expert workmanship to ensure excellent fit, feel, durability, and originality. We do not believe in trend-focused, fast and cheap knockoffs made in China that bypass the design process at the cost of the time and energy that true designers put into the creative process.
3. We select environmentally responsible production methods to the greatest extent possible, such as low-impact printing and working with materials that are sustainable and locally available. Our eco range is designed with premium Italian fabric made from ECONYL® fibre that is 78% verifiably regenerated post-consumer content and less likely to leave microfiber waste in our water systems.
4. We provide, and only partner with organizations that provide, fair wages and healthy working conditions for all levels of workers. We stand for safe working environments for all models and industry workers, and have a zero tolerance policy for racism, discrimination and sexual harassment/abuse. We strictly refuse to work with any photographers on the @shitmodelmgmt blacklist and any models or brands who actively support their work.
5. We absolutely love a good vintage find, especially when it pairs perfectly with a Those Seen Dancing piece. We encourage our customers to never throw away previously-loved garments – we hope that you repair garments if necessary, and donate, give away, or recycle unwanted or no longer used clothing and swimwear.
Mahalo for considering each other and our planet.