1. We believe in slow fashion – thoughtfully designed garments made with high quality materials constructed with expert workmanship to ensure excellent fit, feel, and durability. We do not believe in trend-focused, fast and cheap knockoffs made in China that are copies of what true designers worked so hard to create.
2. We select environmentally responsible production methods to the greatest extent possible, such as low-impact printing and working with materials that are sustainable and locally available.
3. We partner with organizations that provide fair wages and healthy work conditions for all levels of workers.
4. We hope that you never throw away previously-loved garments. We encourage our customers to repair their garments if needed, and to donate, give away, or recycle unwanted or no longer used clothing.
5. We strive to constantly improve, and do what we can to reduce our impact on the environment. In order to reduce our use of plastics, we have transitioned to using 100% compostable/reusable mailers and eco-friendly tissue paper on all orders. To help offset our carbon footprint, we pledge to plant one tree with every order received. (Details below.)
Mahalo for considering our planet.
Those Seen Dancing x One Tree Planted
With every purchase, a tree will be planted to help offset the carbon footprint produced from making and shipping your order. Each month we choose a different region around the world to plant your trees. In January 2020, we planted an additional tree with every order to help mitigate the damage done from the devastating fires in Australia. Thank you for helping us take care of our planet!
Tree Planting Calendar:
December 2019 - Indonesia
January 2020 - Australia
February 2020 - California
March 2020 - Guatemala
Those Seen Dancing x Aquafil
Our eco-friendly range is made with premium Italian fabric made from 78% verifiably regenerated post-consumer content that surpasses maximum standards for durability. This fabric has been proven to meet the highest UV resistance standard of UPF+50 and also proven to surpass the highest standards for resistance to chlorine, sunscreen, chemicals and oils. It is also pile-resistant and unlikely to leave microfiber waste.
ECONYL® is 100% regenerated nylon fiber made from fishnets and other nylon waste.
The ECONYL® regeneration system can be endlessly repeated without any loss in material quality. The fabric is not only entirely made of regenerated material, but it is fully and endlessly regenerable. It is a process that forms a closed-loop production cycle in the truest sense.
All phases of our eco-friendly fabric production, from the regeneration process to the dying of the brilliant ECONYL® colors to the final production of the fabric are achieved in accordance with EU environmental standards.
THE 4 ECONYL® PRODUCTION STEPS
Those Seen Dancing x noissue.
We mail all orders out in noissue compostable mailers, made from a combination of PBAT, a bio-based polymer, and PLA made up of plant materials such as regular field corn and wheat straw. The use of PLA makes up barely 0.05% of the annual global corn crop, making it an incredibly low-impact resource. Each mailer composts in 6 months (180 days) and is certified for both home and commercial compost.
Our logo tissue paper and packaging stickers are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified, which means that these paper products are sourced from a forest and supply chain that is managed responsibly and sustainably. They are acid-, lignin- and sulfur-free, meaning that the ink won’t transfer and the paper won’t leave behind any of these chemicals when decomposing. They are printed with soy inks, which are made from a renewable resource and have low levels of VOCs, reducing air pollution during the drying process.
noissue also parters with One Tree Planted, so with every compostable mailer, logo tissue or paper sticker received with your order you are not only planting one tree with us, you are also contributing to additional trees being planed in areas of need.
Thank you for helping us support the global reforestation effort. Xx