THE ECONYL® REGENERATION SYSTEM: MAKING ECONYL® YARN
ECONYL® is 100% regenerated nylon fiber from fishnets and other nylon waste.
The ECONYL® regeneration system can be endlessly repeated without any loss in material quality.
Aquafil strives to rewrite the rules for producing man-made fibers. Their goal is to manufacture products that are not only entirely made of regenerated material, but are fully and endlessly regenerable. It is a process that forms a closed-loop production cycle in the truest sense.
For every 10,000 tons of ECONYL® caprolactam (raw material) produced*:
- We save 70,000 barrels of crude oil by avoiding extraction of raw fossil material
- We avoid 57,000 tons of CO2 equivalent emissions into the atmosphere
- We save 1,012 GJ on total primary energy demand from nature (1 Gigajoule = 1,000,000 Kilojoules)
In 2015, the production of ECONYL® caprolactam saved*:
- More than 100,000 tons of CO2 equivalent emissions, equal to a car circumnavigating the equator more than 15,000 times.
- More than 2 million GJ of energy, equal to the energy demand of citizens of Rome for approximately 10 days.
*Source: Aquafil internal data.
DISCOVER THE 4 PRODUCTION STEPS